Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

I typically LOVE the atmosphere of being out shopping on the day after Thanksgiving. It gives me a rush of adrenaline...it gets me into a Christmas mood...it is FUN...I get a lot done in regards to getting ready for Christmas...

Today, however, was different!!! It is 2 pm and I have not left the place I am, nor have I changed out of my pajamas! I have, though, gotten A LOT done! I am making some mini scrapbooks for friends and family -- a total of 7 (yes, SEVEN) -- that they can just add their own photos and journaling to...I am done with 5 and am just taking a break from number 6! I thought I had the book to use for number 7, but I cannot seem to find it, so I will buy another tonight at a crop with Kathy and then finish number 7! I do have another mini album to do (with pictures this time) but I need to get the photos developed and find the book I want to use -- I already have the paper, embellishments, and a PLAN, so it should go fairly quickly once I get started. :o) Plus, it is for someone local, so I have until Christmas Eve to finish it!

Christmas wise, I will be starting to decorate on Saturday when I am home from house sitting...the tree will go up (not decorated), the nativity will be brought up, if not put up...then I can start to wrap the gifts I have bought and/or finished making! I need to shop for my dad, a few local friends, and the dogs I buy special treats for! A lot will probably get done this weekend or next at Target, so I will be VERY happy! I also need to figure out what I need to order for Power Hour and Youthgroup (gifts and crafts) -- I want to get it ordered Monday night if possible!

I have started to work on my Christmas letter, so we shall see! I really want to do it as a poem, but it is not flowing like I want it to, so that may change as well! I have the paper, matching envelopes, and seals -- I bought them last year for like 75% off!!

So, nonw I need to go work on mini book #6....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

toodles!

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

I generally avoid shopping the day after Thanksgiving.
Sounds like you accomplished a lot!