This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Askoffers
a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to
share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be
aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details.
Fifteen Things I Want to Accomplish in My Life
1. Spend a month in Europe -- visit castles, cathedrals, and so much more -- buy a Eurorail pass and enjoy it!
2. Attend a World Series baseball game that involves the best baseball team in the world -- the St. Louis Cardinals!
3. Find out more about my family's history -- do what I can to preserve and share it with my family.
4. Visit Australia and hold a koala.
5. Have a library in my home that is full of the books I love and want to cherish.
7. Write letters, actual letters not e-mails, to authors I admire. I want to let them know how their books have affected me. I want them to hear good words written to them about them. Everyone deserves to know the praises we have for them.
8. Write a children's book, or possibly a young adult novel.
9. Visit all 50 states -- and I mean more than just a drive through! I have been to (actually spent time at a location other than a restaurant or gas station): Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New York, Maine, New Hampshire, California, Kansas, Colorado, Tennessee, and Nebraska.
10. Rekindle my love of letters and writing honest to goodness letters to friends. I make cards, but I never send them. I need to revive this.
11. Foster a love of learning in my classroom -- whatever school I end up at. I want my students to realize how important reading and writing are to every other part of their life.
12. Become better at things I enjoy -- paper crafting, blogging (oops!), photography...
13. Go on a photo "safari" and learn ways to become better at photography in a special place.
14. Keep current on my certification for CPR/AED. Take a course in first aide. Remember the skills to help those in need.
15. Give until it hurts -- time and money are fleeting, but I want to give when and what I can to those in need.