Monday, December 20, 2010

7 years ago



Seven years ago today, on her 61st birthday, an angel was born.
My mother, Ellen, passed away.
It was a scary and sad night.
We mourned for our loss, yet we rejoiced that she was with Jesus.
Her funeral was on Christmas Eve.

Our lives were enriched because of her.
She was a teacher to many (at schools where many would never have taught).
She was a mother of two; a wife of one (for life).
She was a friend to everyone she met.

She touched our lives for a short while.
She touched our hearts forever.

I miss her.
I miss her voice.
I wish I had a tape or video so I could listen to her voice one more time.

Record yourself for your family.
Have your photo taken.
Journal and tell the stories you want to share.
You never know when your days are going to be over.

Blessings.

No comments: