Tuesday, June 20, 2006

back in the day....

ok, back in 2000, i was in a world religion class in college (Dana College in Blair, Nebraska)...it was a fun bunch of people in my class...there were a few of us who liked the fun names & words we were learning, but we realized that they sounded fun with other, more common to us, words, too...so we came up with a list of yogurt names...

"Help your stomach reach enlightenment with yoga brand yogurt" including flavors like Karma Kiwi, Dharmaberry, etc...we were not being mean/sarcastic/etc, we were coming up with a fun way to help us remember some of the new vocabulary we were learning...

my pal Mark was going to be "captain yogurt", a guy named Dallas in our class was going to be "the genius behind the operation" and i would edit whatever we put out...

2 comments:

mark said...

I forgot about that! When you posted the comment on mine about the notes, I was thinking of "Wasatie"... i forgot all about the Yoga brand yogurt. That was a hoot!

mark said...

did you know that Dallas is a student at my seminary, too? Yeah, I got to spend a year here with him, well, actually two because he was here two years ago and then took a year off and then came back. So, that's cool. If he was still on campus (he's going to do internship in Phoenix, AZ) I'd have to remind him of this stuff!