Fifteen Things I Want to Accomplish in My Life
1. Spend a month in Europe -- visit castles, cathedrals, and so much more -- buy a Eurorail pass and enjoy it!
2. Attend a World Series baseball game that involves the best baseball team in the world -- the St. Louis Cardinals!
3. Find out more about my family's history -- do what I can to preserve and share it with my family.
4. Visit Australia and hold a koala.
5. Have a library in my home that is full of the books I love and want to cherish.
6. Visit Universal Studios in Orlando. Finally overcome my fear of roller coasters and ride the coasters in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
7. Write letters, actual letters not e-mails, to authors I admire. I want to let them know how their books have affected me. I want them to hear good words written to them about them. Everyone deserves to know the praises we have for them.
8. Write a children's book, or possibly a young adult novel.
9. Visit all 50 states -- and I mean more than just a drive through! I have been to (actually spent time at a location other than a restaurant or gas station): Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New York, Maine, New Hampshire, California, Kansas, Colorado, Tennessee, and Nebraska.
10. Rekindle my love of letters and writing honest to goodness letters to friends. I make cards, but I never send them. I need to revive this.
11. Foster a love of learning in my classroom -- whatever school I end up at. I want my students to realize how important reading and writing are to every other part of their life.
12. Become better at things I enjoy -- paper crafting, blogging (oops!), photography...
13. Go on a photo "safari" and learn ways to become better at photography in a special place.
14. Keep current on my certification for CPR/AED. Take a course in first aide. Remember the skills to help those in need.