Tuesday, May 17, 2011

post 900 & a winner!

the winner for the april challenge is Kolette (who i know from my dana days)...CONGRATS! i will message you on facebook for your mailing info!!

it must be the end of the school year -- it is super busy!


sunday was sunday school & mad science training...

monday i took my car in for an oil change, tire rotation, and the 2 inspections i need for renewing my plates...this then turned into new rear brakes (which cost about double the front ones) so i could pass the inspection...i also ran to the library & costco...

tuesday (today) was shopping for a shower gift, the DMV (3:45 on a tuesday went super fast!), ben franklins...gLee was wonderful tonight -- made me tear up, but i loved this episode (for the most part -- i do not like jesse st. james)...

every day this week is something after work -- tomorrow there is a shower for someone i work with, thursday is summer school orientation, friday is the cornerstone picnic...so so much happening!!

since may started i have been privileged to go on two field trips -- a couple weeks ago i went along with some of the 6th graders when they went fishing...today was the 8th grade Civil War Day -- it was magnificent! we saw reenactors for: cavalry, artillery, infantry, medical units, music & dance, Abraham Lincoln, women's roles, & the African-American experience (this was my favorite -- the woman was a phenomenal storyteller & was so believable!!)...

toodles, friends!

2 comments:

Kolette Satterfield said...

Yeah! Thanks so much!
I completely understand about the craziness end-of-school thing... Both last week and this week have me crazy busy every night, too!
I also agree with you on Glee. Last night's episode was FANTASTIC! I cried, and I also don't like Jesse St. James!

Leah M said...

I agree with you girls, very busy time for everyone even if you're not involved with school stuff. I loved Glee last nite too and share your feeling bout "ole Jessie" He can take a hike as far as I'm concerned. Congratulations to Kolette!