Sunday, December 17, 2006

meme from mark...

this meme is known as the 123:5 meme.
The rules are:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

the book i picked up is The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield -- i just got it in the mail from my pal, amber, and have to read it so i can share with a few friends here & then send it back to amber! lol

ok, page 123, 5th sentence and then comes...

"A liar. And the plea that had so moved me -- Tell me the truth -- had been uttered by a man who was not even real.
I was at a loss to explain to myself the bitterness of my disappointment."


(and that ends the chapter, so i won't go any further, lol)

No comments: